The portable DIGITTRADE HIGH SECURITY HDD HS256S (professional solution for government and companies) is currently the best solution to store data at a high standard of security and mobility.
In accordance to the newest standards on mobile storage devices by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI), the HS256S is developed to protect business and private data in any cases.
The DIGITTRADE HS256S ensures the privacy of the stored data with:- Encryption- Access Control- Administration of the cryptographic key
Incl. Acronis TrueImage OEM Quick Backup Software
Thanks to the full disk hardware encryption according to the 256 bit AES in CBC mode and the two factor authentication, by smartcard and 8-digit PIN, the DIGITTRADE HIGH SECURITY HDD combines the benefits of mobile data media with highest security standards for data privacy.
The encrypted HDD offers with its features a lot of solutions for single users, companies and public authorities.
Besides, you receive with the Acronis True Image OEM Quick Backup software all necessary extras which you need to the restoration of a computer system in the disaster case. If mistakes appear which block an access to information or influence the operating system, you can simply restore the system and lost data.
1. EncryptionDuring transfer on the HDD, all data is stored in real-time by a 256 bit full disk encryption according to AES in CBC mode.
The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is a symmetrical cryptographic system, approved by USA’s National Security Agency for top secret information.
The CBC mode ensures that for encryption of a block always information of the block encrypted before will be included. This means that in case of same plain text there will never be the same cipher text. It will not be possible to draw conclusions from cipher texts to plain texts.
Additionally to all stored data, even temporary files as well as areas that would normally not be noticed by encryption software will be encrypted.
2. AuthenticationThe DIGITTRADE HIGH SECURITY HDD works with a according to the- Factor 1 (Having): verifies, if the user has a smartcard with the correct AES key.- Factor 2 (Knowing): verifies, if the user knows the correct 8-digit PIN and consequently is authorized to use this smartcard.
Only after successful authentication the AES key used for encryption will be transferred to the encryption chip set and the user will have access to the data.
3. Administration of the cryptographic keyThe user is able to create, change and destroy the cryptographic key and the administrator has the possibility to copy the key to another smartcard and to initialize a new smartcard to the DIGITTRADE HS256S.The cryptographic key which is needed to de- and encrypt, is created and saved encrypted on the smartcard. In that case the cryptographic key is physically separated from the stored data that’s’ why there is no possibility to read it out or to decrypt the stored data. Only the input of the correct PIN will transfer the key to the encryption module and enables the de- and encryption.As a result of the external storage of the cryptographic key there are a variety of application possibilities.
4. SmartcardSerially the HS256S is delivered with a java based smartcard. The Oberthur Cosmo 64 v5.4 smartcard is certified with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and enables creation, copying, changing and destroying of the used cryptographic key. The administration of the key works with the DIGITTRADE HS256S applet.Any try of manipulation will terminate the Smartcard immediately.
5. Implemented HDDThe implemented 2.5” SATA HDD makes the mobile data safe small and handy. Thanks to data transfer and power supply using USB or FireWire and the hardware encryption it is possible to use this storage device independent of an operating system or platform.
The reading and writing speed is more than three times faster by an use of Solid State Disk, briefly SSD. This SSD guarantees your HS256S an additional shock resistance because there are no moving parts inside (like reading and write heads). Thanks to the use of modern flash memories your data are also safe during vibrations. So the DIGITTRADE D20 SSD is extremely resistant against falls, shocks and vibrations.
6. Supported Operating SystemsThe HDDs are bootable and independent of any operating system. This allows the users not only to store files and programs on the HDD, but also programs and complete operating systems.
7. Acronis True Image OEM Quick Backup SoftwareWith the help of the Acronis True Image OEM Quick Backup you can guarantee the security of all information on your computer. It can protect the operating system, installed application, settings and all your data; you can extinguish no longer required confidential data securely. You can protect partitions with this software.Acronis Online Backup enables to you to store your most important files on a distant storage. Should the hard disk of the system be damaged or be struck by a virus or malicious software, you can restore the secured data fast and easily.