The new SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbit/s (USB 3.1) specification adds a 10 Gbit/s speed mode that uses a more efficient data encoding and will deliver more than twice the effective data through-put performance of existing SuperSpeed USB over enhanced, fully backward compatible USB connectors and cables.
The specification extends the existing SuperSpeed mechanical, electrical, protocol and hub definition while maintaining compatibility with existing USB 3.0 software stacks and device class protocols as well as with existing 5 Gbit/s hubs and devices and USB 2.0 products.
- Improved data encoding for more efficient data transfer leading to higher through-put and improved I/O power efficiency
- Compatible with existing USB 3.0 software stacks and device protocols
- Works with both existing 5Gbit/s USB 3.0 hubs and devices, as well as USB 2.0 products
- The USB type-C defines a new small reversible-plug connector for USB 3.1 devices
- The type-C plug can be used at both host and device side, replacing multiple type-B and type-A connectors and cables
- USB 3.1 high-speed cable in high quality with improved shielding
- Type: A-C
- Length: 1 m
- Colour: black