Do more with less? The HP and Microsoft partnership extends Windows Server 2012 features with the release of Windows Server 2012 R2. Combining the HP ProLiant Ge
8 features with the advanced virtualization and scalability features of Windows Server 2012 R2 empowers IT users and provides flexible access to corporate resources while protecting corporate information.
Editions:- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter: for highly virtualized private cloud environments- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard: for physical or minimally virtualized environments- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials: a unique cloud-enabled offering for up to 25 users- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation: a Windows Server experience for as many as 15 users
This new release enhances server virtualization, storage, networking management, and application platform support.
- Server Virtualization - Supports 64 TB virtual disk format with online resize capability, and compression to accelerate live migration of VHD/VHDX files- Storage - Gives you the ability to transfer large scale file systems between multiple nodes within a cluster, and Windows Azure Hyper-V recovery manager ensures robust recovery using Hyper-V replica- Network - Introduces Software Defined networking via Hyper-V network virtualization and Hyper-V extensible switch, and enables SR-IOV capable devices to be directly accessed by the VMs
Go Beyond Virtualization
- Windows Server 2012 R2 is a complete virtualization platform that delivers a fully isolated, multi-tenant environment. It includes tools to help guarantee service-level agreements (SLAs), enables chargebacks through use-based billing, and supports self-service delivery.- Increase scalability and performance through a high-density, scalable environment that can perform optimally as it adapts to your changing needs.- Get connectivity to cloud services using a common identity and management framework for reliable security-enhanced, cross-premises connectivity.
Enjoy the Power of Many Servers With the Simplicity of One Platform
- Flexible storage. Improve performance, availability, and resource efficiency with the storage of your choice.- Continuous availability. Provide cost-effective, highly available services with protection against a wide range of failure scenarios -- for a single server or an entire data center.- Management efficiency. Automate a broad set of management tasks and simplify the deployment of server roles as you move toward full, lights-out automation.
Benefit From a Platform With Apps Already Built and Deployed
- Enables you to build hybrid and symmetrical applications across the data center and the cloud.- Provides frameworks, services, and tools to increase scalability and elasticity for applications and websites that are multi-tenant aware.- Build mission-critical applications and take advantage of open frameworks, open source applications, and various development languages.
Flexible User Access to Data and Applications
- Access from virtually anywhere, from any device. Seamless, on-demand access to a virtualized work environment from virtually anywhere, including branch locations and public connectivity services.- Full Windows experience anywhere. A rich, personalized user experience on popular devices, while adapting to different network conditions quickly and responsively.- Enhanced data security and compliance. Central audit and access policies enable granular access to data and corporate resources based on strong identity, data classification, and simplified administration for remote access.